Try these when you want a guilt-free treat. Mostly.
I found Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit Mix and started experimenting with some of the recipes on the back of the bag. They were fine, but I soon found that I was able to come up with my own treats quickly. This is a great one, and easy to make after-dinner so you have them ready for your morning cup of coffee.
- 2½ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Mix
- 1 cup of grass fed butter - softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup nut milk - I'm partial to Walnut Milk
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ¾ cup currants
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 T filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- Blend ingredients in KitchenAid mixer until smooth. Blend in currants.
- Scoop out using a medium cookie scoop onto Silpat sheets.
- Flatten balls with your fingers, then brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with coconut sugar. You can see the glisten this gives the scones in the image.
- Put into 350˚ oven. Set timer for 20 minutes and check for an even brownness after 10 minutes, rotate cookie sheet if you need to.
- Cool, then split open, insert a thin slice of cold butter and enjoy. Try not to eat them all. Please share.
If you find that your scones cook unevenly and you have to rotate them after 10 minutes, contact your appliance repair person and schedule an appointment. Might be time to recalibrate your oven.