Recipe adapted from MatthewKenney Raw Chocolate – White Chocolate Fudge recipe.
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds, soaked (Matthew uses Cashews)
- 1 Cup Raw Cacao Butter, I have been ordering this online (see end of blog for shopping resources)
- 1/2 C Raw Coconut butter
- 1 Cup Raw Agave Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons filtered Water
- 2 Tablespoon grated fresh Ginger (peeled)
- Pinch of Sea Salt.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds, soaked, rough chopped
- 1/2 Cup Raw finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 Cup Raw Almonds, Ground fine into a meal
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
Blend all of the ingredients until creamy smooth.
Pour into shallow pan (I used tart pan that had a removable bottom, so I could push it through when the candy was frozen – made removal a breeze)
Spread the base until evenly distributed then sprinkle the almond/coconut mix on top. Optional: mix in some cacao nibs if you like. Freeze for about an hour.
Unmold then divide into 1” squares, roll each one into a ball and set aside. When you have all of the balls formed – aim for consistency of size, you can then toss them in the Truffle coating of Almond Meal and Coconut Sugar.
Keep in the cooler until serving.
So far, these have been the best received of the Almond Treats I have made in the past month – the amount of Ginger concerned me, as I was not sure – too much, not enough? I love Ginger – and it seems like the 1 T was just right. Enough to give a hint but not be overpowering.
Next week I am making a variant of these but dipping in raw melted Cacao instead of rolling in almond meal.
Coconut Sugar – From Coconut Secret – this is also now available at Trader Joe’s if you have one near you.
Almonds – We get them from Nate at Fat Uncle Farms at the Santa Barbara Farmers Market – you can get them online here – though it doesn’t appear that you can get the Raw almonds online – note: going to ask Nate why not?